Links to My Bands, Current Projects and Friends
I have links to a number of friends, my bands, my projects, and other contra dance and music venues in Connecticut (and beyond!) that I would love to share with you!
- My contra dance band Wry Bred
- My family, colonial and contra dance band The Reel Thing
- My Celtic/Americana and contra dance trio Chicks 'n Sync
- My musical "partner in crime", gal pal and fiddler extraordinaire Mickey Koth
- My Wry Bred band mate, amazing guitarist and songwriter, and good friend Robert Messore
- Another friend and fellow musician is guitarist, vocalist and songwriter Saverio Sorrentino, AKA Rio Soren! I am now playing with Rio and an ever changing cast of musicians as "Rio and the UBC", playing flute and sax, and singing harmony vocals with the band at a number of locations.
- Another recent project is Nan and Julie, which is vocalist and guitarist Nancy Northrop and I. We perform at area assisted living facilities and nursing homes for the residents there, with standards, show tunes, and songs that the folks can sing with us!
- My latest project is Fluke, which is vocalist and ukulelist Wendy Matthews and I, doing great swing and Latin music with tight harmonies and instrumentals!
- My latest fun thing to do - the Monday Night Acoustic Open Mike at Note Kitchen & bar in Bethel. I've met a number of great musicians there and have been privileged to sit in with them!
- My dear friend and wonderful caller Patricia Campbell from Newtown, CT
- A fabulous musician and a really good friend of mine, guitarist, singer and performer Billy Michael! Billy is the ringmaster for a number of events in the greater Danbury area, including the famed monthly Fiddlers' Brawl
- A wonderful chanteuse and another very good friend of mine, the marvelous Annie Kelly! Annie is now performing with Billy Michael as the duo Little Black Dress, with whom I periodically sit in with on flute and harmony vocals.
- New Haven Country Dances at the Friends Meeting House in New Haven, CT, on the 1st Saturday (and the occasional 5th Saturday), from 7:30 to 10:30 PM and open to all.
- Hartford Community Dances at the American Legion Hall, 275 Main Street in Old Wethersfield, CT, on the 2nd Saturday of the month, from 7:30 to 10:30 PM and open to all. There is also a contra dance music jam from 5:30 to 7:15 PM prior to the contra dance.
- Quiet Corner Contra Dance, Patriots Park Lodge, 172 Lake Street, Coventry, CT, on the 1st Friday of the month (September to June), from 8 to 11 PM and open to all
- Mystic Contra Dance, 54 Greenmanville Avenue, Frohsinn Hall aka The German Club, Mystic, CT, on the 4th Saturdays of the month, from 8 to 11 PM and open to all
- Caller Ralph Sweet's Shindig in the Barn! at his Powder Mill Barn, 32 South Maple Street in Enfield/Hazardville, CT
- Swingin' Tern contra dance, East Hanover, NJ, on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month, from 8 to 11 PM and open to all
- Old Songs Festival, Altamont Fairgrounds, Altamont, NY, usually the last weekend in June - Friday through Sunday
- Philadelphia Folk Festival, Schwenksville, PA, usually mid-August - Friday through Sunday
I will be adding additional links, so please check back!