Links to My Bands and Friends
I have links to a number of friends, my bands and other contra dance and music venues in Connecticut (and beyond!) that I would love to share with you!
- My contra dance band Wry Bred
- My family, colonial and contra dance band The Reel Thing
- My musical "partner in crime", gal pal and fiddler extraordinaire Mickey Koth
- My Wry Bred band mate, amazing guitarist and songwriter, and good friend Robert Messore
- A fabulous musician and a really good friend of mine, guitarist, singer and performer Billy Michael! Billy is the ringmaster for a number of events in the greater Danbury area, including the famed monthly Fiddlers' Brawl
- A wonderful chanteuse and another very good friend of mine, the marvelous Annie Kelly! Annie is now performing with Billy Michael as the duo Little Black Dress, with whom I periodically sit in with on flute and harmony vocals.
- Another friend and fellow musician is guitarist, vocalist and songwriter Saverio Sorrentino, AKA Rio Soren! I am now playing with Rio and an ever changing cast of musicians as "Rio and the UBC", playing flute and sax, and singing harmony vocals with the band at a number of locations.
- My latest fun thing to do - the Monday Night Acoustic Open Mike at Note Kitchen & bar in Bethel. I've met a number of great musicians there and have been privileged to sit in with them!
- My dear friend and wonderful caller Patricia Campbell from Newtown, CT
- Another good friend and great caller Bill Fischer from Bethany, CT
- New Haven Country Dances at the Branford Community House in Branford, CT, on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays (and the occasional 5th Saturday), from 8 to 11 PM and open to all. This is the first place at which I contra danced, and I love playing here!
- Hartford Community Dances at the American Legion Hall, 275 Main Street in Old Wethersfield, CT, on the 2nd Saturday of the month, from 7:30 to 10 PM and open to all. There is also a contra dance music jam from 5:30 to 7:15 PM prior to the contra dance.
- Quiet Corner Contra Dance, Patriots Park Lodge, 172 Lake Street, Coventry, CT, on the 1st Friday of the month (September to June), from 8 to 11 PM and open to all
- Mystic Contra Dance, 54 Greenmanville Avenue, Frohsinn Hall aka The German Club, Mystic, CT, on the 4th Saturdays of the month, from 8 to 11 PM and open to all
- Caller Ralph Sweet's Shindig in the Barn! at his Powder Mill Barn, 32 South Maple Street in Enfield/Hazardville, CT
- Swingin' Tern contra dance, East Hanover, NJ, on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month, from 8 to 11 PM and open to all
- The Outer Space, 295 Treadwell Street, Hamden, CT - Steve Rodgers' wonderful craft beer bar and music listening room
- Old Songs Festival, Altamont Fairgrounds, Altamont, NY, usually the last weekend in June - Friday through Sunday
- Philadelphia Folk Festival, Schwenksville, PA, usually mid-August - Friday through Sunday
I will be adding additional links, so please check back!